At Christ Church Juniors, we have a daily service that includes an act of collective worship. On Mondays, we celebrate children who have been demonstrating our Christian value of the term as well as explore our behaviour focus for the week. On Tuesdays, we have our weekly singing service, practising singing a range of hymns and songs. On Wednesdays, Mrs Osborne leads our values service. On Thursdays, each class has their own class worship lead by the class teacher and worship leaders. Finally, on Fridays, we come together as a school to celebrate and give thanks for everything that has happened during the week.
Collective Worship Policy
Through collective worship in our school we aim to provide an experience of worship that:
- Is inclusive for those from all faith backgrounds and none and allows children to participate and respond with integrity to a range of stimuli.
- Will introduce children to the language and symbols of the Christian faith throughout the church year.
- Will assist children in their search for meaning and purpose in their own lives and the world around.
- Enables children to grow spiritually, emotionally, socially, morally and culturally day by day.
- Provides an opportunity for celebration and thanksgiving and sharing of our school values of love, hope, courage, generosity, humility and forgiveness.
- Fosters a sense of belonging by bringing children together to celebrate the shared values of our school and community.
- Fosters a sense of awe and wonder at the beauty, mystery and power of the world while encouraging an active care and concern for God’s creation.
- Recognises the value and uniqueness of each individual, fostering a concern for the needs of other people.
- Allows children to begin to reflect on the fundamental questions of life and provides a time for sharing successes and failures in personal, school and community life.